In the Fall of 2010, Phi Delta Theta’s newly elected General Council assembled for their annual retreat in Moab, Utah with the General Headquarters staff. This year, their mission was a bit different as it was to create a long-term strategic path for Phi Delta Theta. “Phi Delt 2020” was created to establish Phi Delta Theta as the premiere leadership organization through six strategic initiatives: Growth, Education, Support, Communication, Capacity, and Funding.
Strategic Initiative – Funding
Implement strategies to significantly grow the Fraternity’s Foundation endowment and develop other regular revenue streams.
Implement strategies to significantly grow the Fraternity’s Foundation endowment and develop other regular revenue streams.To continue major gift initiative by raising $20 million by having 20 million dollars excluding the scholarship endowment in the Foundation.
- Develop strategies to increase net revenue of annual fund by 10% per year until 2020
- Conduct a review of all planned giving activities
- Refine strategy to maximize successful participation and involvement of volunteers in cultivation and solicitation process
- On average increase the endowment $2-3 million per year
- Add an additional 4 major gift officers, 2 annual fund officers, and 2 support staff members (approximately 1 additional staff member for every $4 million in the endowment)
- Review all annual fund activities to ensure that they are utilizing all fraternity communication channels and technology
- Introduce online store in an effort to generate 100k each year until 2020, increasing by 15% each year
- Acquire 100k in sponsorships and partnership revenue for the Fraternity and Foundation by 2020, increasing each year by 10%
Loyalty and Cause Funding
Further develop the Iron Phi program as a self-sustaining operation that provides at least $200k in funding annually to the Fraternity by 2020 and to further institutionalize the True Blue Society as a part of Phi Delta Theta culture so as to generate at least $275k by 2020 for The Scroll and alumni programming.
- Acquire 2,400 True Blue Society memberships and increase memberships by 10% each year until 2020
- Raise $1 million for Iron Phi by 2014
What do you think of Phi Delt’s funding initiative?