Phi Delta Theta Fraternity takes great pride in the many songs that have been composed and performed over the years. To many Phis, joining brothers in song is a fond memory and a tradition that symbolizes brotherhood.
As the 2016-17 academic year begins, the Fraternity has launched a competition to produce Phi Delta Theta’s newest song. Brother Tom Nolan, Illinois ’59 has graciously offered a $1,000 cash reward to the winning entry.
- The composition must include words and music
- The music should be in a key that is easy for men to sing
- The music should be able to be played on piano or a stringed instrument
- There should be a minimum of three verses
- The song may have a refrain or chorus
We encourage those interested in submitting an entry to incorporate key Phi Delta Theta words or phrases into the lyrics.
- Entries can be submitted by any member of Phi Delta Theta regardless of age.
- The lyrics and music must be original and eligible for copyright registration.
- All entries will become property of Phi Delta Theta Fraternity.
- Submissions should be submitted on sheet music and accompanied by an audio or video file of the song performed.
The submission deadline is December 31, 2016. The winning entry will receive a $1,000 prize and be featured early in the Spring 2017 semester. Entries can be submitted to email@example.com