Funding the academic pursuits of our brightest undergraduate members
Each year, the Phi Delta Theta Foundation is pleased to award many undergraduate scholarships. Some of these awards are restricted to members of one or more chapters while others are open to all members in good standing.
Any undergraduate Phi Delt who will be continuing his undergraduate studies during the upcoming academic year is eligible for Phi Delta Theta Foundation scholarships, and all scholarship applications should be submitted online.
The deadline for completed online scholarship applications is April 19, 2020.
Scholarship Criteria Include:
- Academic achievement including a minimum of a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Chapter service, including chapter-sponsored community service, intramural activities, offices & committees.
- Campus activities & honors
- Community involvement
- Professional Resume
- Chapter Advisory Board Chairman or Province President approval—used to verify if the applicant is in good standing (academically, behaviorally, and financially) with the chapter.
Applicants from chapters that benefit from chapter-specific/named scholarships will be considered by the Scholarship Judging Committee for both chapter-specific scholarships and general scholarships.
Harrison Presidents Scholarships:
Harrison Presidents Scholarships are available to the chapter president or executive officers who attend the Presidents Leadership Conference (PLC) in St Louis. The scholarships are for $1,000 and include additional reimbursement (up to $300 stipend) for travel expenses to and from PLC. Harrison Presidents Scholarships are restricted to the chapters that have these special funds available.
Chapters with Harrison Presidents Scholarships available include:
- CA Theta – University of California, Irvine
- GA Alpha – University of Georgia
- IN Gamma – Butler University
- MD Alpha – University of Maryland
- NC Delta – North Carolina State University
- TX Gamma – Southwestern University
Local Undergraduate Scholarships:
Local undergraduate scholarships are provided through endowment funds set up specifically for certain chapters. If your chapter is included in the list below, please check with your local scholarship committee to inquire about the application process. Award amounts vary.
- AL Beta – Auburn University
- AZ Alpha – University of Arizona
- AZ Gamma – Northern Arizona University
- KS Beta – Washburn University
- OH Theta – University of Cincinnati
- NV Beta – University of Nevada
- NY Zeta – Colgate University
- CA Alpha – University of California, Berkeley
Whole Man Scholarships:
Whole Man Scholars represent less than 1% of all Phi Delta Theta undergraduate members and are the ‘best of the best, brightest of the brightest’ in the Phi Delt Nation. Each participant is invited to the Kleberg Emerging Leaders Institute to participate in the Shaffer Honors College of Leadership and is given a scholarship.
Whole Man Scholarships were provided by Foundation donors who contributed a minimum of $72,000 to establish one for their chapter or an associated chapter.
Benefits of Being A Whole Man Scholar
Recipients of these very special awards will receive up to a $1,000 academic scholarship to assist with the cost of their college education and will also experience a very intensive leadership immersion experience with other Whole Man Scholars from the United States and Canada at the Kleberg Emerging Leaders Institute in Oxford, Ohio, held each summer. While in Oxford, Whole Man Scholars will participate in the Shaffer Honors College of Leadership that has been created to help the Fraternity’s finest undergraduates hone their leadership style and decision making abilities.
Recipients of Whole Man Scholarships will have the cost of participating in the conference underwritten. Travel expenses to and from the conference are NOT included with this award. Whole Man Scholars are IN ADDITION TO the three Kleberg track delegates and the Phikeia Educators Conference delegate already attending the conference from each chapter.
Whole Man Scholar Requirements
Applicants must be an initiated member of the chapter with a suggested 3.0 GPA, be a rising junior or senior, and have previously attended the Kleberg Emerging Leaders Institute. Other requirements include a complete online application with emphasis on leadership and ethics.
Prior Whole Man Scholars are not eligible for consideration.
Chapters with Whole Man Scholarships
The following chapters have Whole Man Scholarships available:
- Arizona Alpha – University of Arizona
- California Phi – Chapman University
- California Theta (3) – University of California, Irvine
- Colorado Gamma (2) – Colorado State University
- Florida Epsilon (2) – University of South Florida
- Georgia Epsilon – Georgia Southern University
- Illinois Alpha – Northwestern University
- Illinois Eta – University of Illinois
- Indiana Eta – Indiana State University
- Indiana Gamma (3) – Butler University
- Indiana Theta (3) – Purdue University
- Indiana Zeta – DePauw University
- Iowa Beta – University of Iowa
- Kansas Alpha – University of Kansas
- Kansas Delta – Wichita State University
- Maryland Alpha – University of Maryland
- Maryland Gamma – Washington College
- Minnesota Beta (3) – Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Mississippi Alpha – University of Mississippi
- Nebraska Alpha (2) – University of Nebraska
- Nebraska Gamma – Creighton University
- New York Epsilon (7) – Syracuse University
- New York Zeta – Colgate University
- North Carolina Delta – North Carolina State University
- Ohio Epsilon (3) – University of Akron
- Ohio Theta (2) – University of Cincinnati
- Ohio Eta – Case Western Reserve University
- Oklahoma Beta (2) – Oklahoma State University
- Pennsylvania Zeta (2) – University of Pennsylvania
- South Dakota Alpha – University of South Dakota
- Tennessee Gamma – University of Tennessee
- Texas Beta (5) – University of Texas
- Texas Gamma (2) – Southwestern University
- Texas Delta (3) – Southern Methodist University
- Texas Epsilon (9) – Texas Tech University
- Texas Zeta (4) – Texas Christian University
- Virginia Beta – University of Virginia
- Washington Alpha – University of Washington
- Washington Delta – University of Puget Sound
These chapters must complete the nomination form for their Whole Man Scholarship candidate by March 15, 2020.
Once nominated, Whole Man Scholar candidates must then complete the online application by March 30, 2020.
Is Your Chapter Not On This List? You Can Still Apply!
Beginning this year, if the original Whole Man Scholarship chapter fails to submit its nominee(s), the scholarship(s) will become available to any Phi Delt chapter. The number of these Whole Man Scholarships available is yet to be determined.
These Whole Man Scholar candidates must complete the online application by March 15, 2020.