Funding the academic pursuits of our brightest undergraduate members
Each year, the Phi Delta Theta Foundation is pleased to award many undergraduate scholarships. Some of these awards are restricted to members of one or more chapters while others are open to all members in good standing.
Any undergraduate Phi Delt who will be continuing his undergraduate studies during the upcoming academic year is eligible for Phi Delta Theta Foundation scholarships, and all scholarship applications should be submitted online.
The deadline for completed online scholarship applications is April 14, 2019.
Scholarship Criteria Include:
- Academic achievement including a minimum of a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Chapter service, including chapter-sponsored community service, intramural activities, offices & committees.
- Campus activities & honors
- Community involvement
- Professional Resume
- Chapter Advisory Board Chairman or Province President approval—used to verify if the applicant is in good standing (academically, behaviorally, and financially) with the chapter.
Applicants from chapters that benefit from chapter-specific/named scholarships will be considered by the Scholarship Judging Committee for both chapter-specific scholarships and general scholarships.
Harrison Presidents Scholarships:
Harrison Presidents Scholarships are available to the chapter president or executive officers who attend the Presidents Leadership Conference (PLC) in St Louis. The scholarships are for $1,000 and include additional reimbursement ($300 stipend) for travel expenses to and from PLC. Harrison Presidents Scholarships are restricted to the chapters that have these special funds available.
Chapters with Harrison Presidents Scholarships available include:
- GA Alpha – University of Georgia
- IN Gamma – Butler University
- TX Gamma – Southwestern University
Local Undergraduate Scholarships:
Local undergraduate scholarships are provided through endowment funds set up specifically for certain chapters. If your chapter is included in the list below, please check with your local scholarship committee to inquire about the application process. Award amounts vary.
- AL Beta – Auburn University
- AZ Alpha – University of Arizona
- AZ Gamma – Northern Arizona University
- KS Beta – Washburn University
- OH Theta – University of Cincinnati
- NV Beta – University of Nevada
- NY Zeta – Colgate University
- CA Alpha – University of California, Berkeley