One of the most ambitious goals set in Phi Delt 2020 was to design and implement a first of its kind, standardized Phikeia (new member) program for use by all undergraduate chapters. This new program not only decreases the burden of Phikeia education on the chapter, but it allows the chapters to focus more on chapter history, relationship building, chapter operations and chapter/campus involvement.
The program is comprised of 6 modules that include online and in-person content: The History of Phi Delta Theta, Famous Phis, Interfraternalism, Friendship, Sound Learning and Rectitude. This new resource not only increases the level of education and appreciation for Phi Delta Theta for Phikeias, but it also provides chapters with a competitive edge on their campuses. New members are able to complete online modules on computers, tablets, and even phones. The online content features a training video, as well as games, activities, supplemental information and a module test.
Open Enrollment For The New Phikeia Education Program
Since the beginning of fall 2013, we have been beta testing the new program with a number of chapters across the US and Canada. This great new resource will be available to all chapters beginning in Fall 2014. If your chapter is interested in implementing the new program, here is what you will need to do:
Steps for the Open Enrollment Process:
- Submit this online enrollment form
- A GHQ representative will reach out to the contacts provided in late March/early April with more information and details
- Chapters that enroll will be expected to send a Phikeia Educator to Kleberg 2014 in Oxford, Ohio for in-person training on the new program. There will be no additional registration fee, but individuals/chapters are responsible for travel costs.
- Chapters can begin using the new program in Fall 2014
- Previews, demos, and general Q/A calls can be scheduled by emailing email@example.com
What the new program will offer:
- In-person training and best practice sharing for Phikeia Educators at Kleberg
- Enhanced Phikeia Educator Facilitator Guide for in-person Phikeia experiences
- A robust appendix of group builders, brotherhood activities and much more
- Six online Phikeia Education modules through PDT U
- Admin privileges for Phikeia Educators and Chapter Presidents to view online test results and activity
- Tech support via the PDT U help desk and knowledge base
- Video tutorials for running online reports and other key functions
- Easy access to online courses via myPhiDeltaTheta
- Revised and updated Induction and Big Brother Ceremonies, as well as suggested activities
- Customization of module progressions to fit your program style