With the help of the Fraternity’s regional volunteers (province presidents), Phi Delta Theta International Fraternity will host 22 province retreats throughout North America in the early months of 2019. The initiative is expected to at least triple the current attendance and impact of Phi Delta Theta’s Leadership and Ethics Academy.
The Outcomes of the Province Retreats Include:
- Creating supportive relationships, cohesion, and momentum within provinces that build stronger chapters and advisory boards
- Ensuring that undergraduate officers and their Chapter Advisory Board receive ongoing education
- Educating more undergraduates and CAB members in-person annually
- Furthering the Fraternity’s problem-solving competency in relation to strategic planning
- Creating opportunities to educate about important To Do What Ought To Be Done health and safety topics while promoting Fraternity initiatives and programs
- Expanding the Fraternity’s recruitment programming reach
- Strengthening the Fraternity’s capacity to deliver regional education on an annual basis
The province retreats are one-day sessions held in late January and February, a time when the majority of the Fraternity’s chapters have new officers. The locations of all retreats will be released in early November, and they will be in centralized locations based on the chapters expected to attend each retreat. A map and list of the Province Retreat regions is below.
Undergraduates and alumni volunteers are responsible for getting themselves to their retreat and paying for any necessary overnight accommodations. Retreat participants receive lunch on site.
The following province retreat regions and their associated chapters/colonies have been identified based on geography and density of chapters. More information about the specific date and location for each retreat is to come.
The following people are encouraged to attend their local retreat:
- Chapter Executive Boards
- Other chapter officers and emerging leaders who want to attend
- Chapter Advisory Board members
- Province Presidents
- 1-2 GHQ staff members
Once the locations are set for each retreat, the event registration pages will be available here.
The encouraged province retreat schedule will be focused on shared programming that all audiences can attend.
Educational sessions at each province retreat will be conducted by:
- Province Presidents
- CAB members from the region
- Campus professionals at the host institution
- Successful area alumni
- GHQ staff members
- General Council members
Business casual clothing (khakis, polo-style shirts) is acceptable for the Retreat.